Thursday, October 06, 2005

hey, how about those recipes?

I have to admit, it's kind of a pain to transcribe recipes from a cookbook on to a blog.

But then I've come to learn that veganism requires doing things a little differently, at times, a little more old-fashioned perhaps, and sometimes I think vegans spend more time in the kitchen than a lot of our omnivorous counterparts, simply out of necessity.

So what about you? Are you spending time in the kitchen? Have you tried any of these recipes? I only ask because it's starting to get a little frigid out there and I'm trying to figure out whether or not you can handle my homemade black bean soup recipe.

I bet you're up to it. Sometimes, in the spririt of the old Soy not Oi! cookbook, all you need is a good soundtrack. Well, let me recommend the Hold Steady's debut album, ...Almost Killed Me. Once you hear the writing on that shit you'll wonder why you ever wasted your time reading my drivel. Here's a nugget: "half the crowd's callin' out for "Born to Run" the other half's callin' out for "Born to Lose"/maybe we were born to choose/we got the last call bar band really really really big decision blues/we were born to bruise/we were born to bruise"

Maybe it's not your cup of tea, but it does it for me every time, and the comparisons to the Boss are right on target. You should really look at that photo, too. Do you think that if Bruce Springsteen dies and they make a movie of his life, he'll be played by Ralph Macchio?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home