Monday, December 19, 2005

miscellany

1) sorry to have dropped the ball on the ongoing conversation, the one where we tell nathan how to eat. my mother-in-law is in town, this was finals week, etc. etc. you don't really care anyway.

2) a colleague made fun of me for blogging, which i expect, but also for the small font of my blog. is it small? do you have trouble reading it? i want to be accomodating, you know, but i do have a bit of a darwinian streak. like the bumper sticker says, if it's too small, you're too old.

3) this same colleague, recently exposed as a zen priest (and thus earning big points with yours truly), dropped a couple pegs in my popularity poll by mispronouncing the word vegan. or did he? i always opt for VEE-gun, but he said VAY-gun twice, something i've heard before, although never from a vegan. so i wonder, what is the correct pronunciation of vegan?

4) go see Brokeback Mountain. it is hands down the most beautiful love story put to film thus far.

6 Comments:

Blogger sui generis said...

VĂ©gun? I've never met a vegan who didn't pronounce it as VEE-gun.

And the font size is fine for me.

8:03 AM  
Blogger the surly vegan said...

thanks. as always, it is of supreme importance to me that i be right all the time.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

I don't care what you do. ;)

3:05 PM  
Blogger the surly vegan said...

nathan! i think i was probably supposed to understand your complex wit, but as it didn't involve puns or farting, it was lost on me. could you please explain? is mine an annoying website that requires bookmarkletting? i need to know these things.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Puns or farting, eh?

Your site is mostly fine. Except for the blue links on the blue background. So, I do zap your background but just so I can read the links. Sorry to break it to ya...

Now, just what should I have for supper? ;)

5:31 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Oh Holy Jesus - my eyes!!!

LOL

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home