Sunday, December 25, 2005

venezuela: i will be in you in a handful of months

Lately my wife and I have been so enamored with Hugo Chavez and his Bolivarian government that we decided to plan a trip to Venezuela to see for ourselves what's going on. We'll most likely be down there around May or June of 2006, and we'll have absolutely no idea what to eat. I plan to bring large amounts of peanut butter, and I imagine we'll eat a good deal of rice and beans, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas/advice for us?

I just checked in with site meter and saw that someone from Buenos Aires, Argentina was reading the blog, but I also know that sometimes people stumble on from another blog and don't necessarily intend to be here. All the same, I say bienvenidos a todas personas de sudamerica.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

You will enjoy arepas and empanadas, no doubt. My brother-in-law is from Venezuela. Well, technically he was born in Miami (not sure why - he grew up in Venezuela) but his parents are Venezuelan. His wife (my wife's sister) made vegetarian Venezuelan ham-bread. They also make some mean black beans with loads of cilantro using a recipe from his mother. Oh, check it out.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Candice said...

I know this doesn't really relate...
A few entries back you said that you could count the readers of your blog on one hand- well maybe you could make me the thumb on your other hand.
I really enjoy reading your blog. I am a new vegetarian- trying to become vegan and reading your stories and the comment section inspires me to keep going!

7:55 AM  
Blogger the surly vegan said...

Candice,

thanks so much for the nice comments.

i guess i'll have to try giving up on the ol' self-deprecation, although when you only know one trick you tend to stick with it.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home