Monday, January 16, 2006

bourgeoise, vegan style

I'm spending my morning planning a fancy meal from a cookbook called The Artful Vegan: Fresh Flavors from the Milennium Restaurant (a place in San Francisco I've never been to - have you?) by Eric Tucker with Bruce Enloe and desserts by Amy Pearce. This is easily the most challenging cookbook I've ever attempted to use; I routinely find ingredients listed that I've never heard of or don't know where to find, and I consider myself fairly cultured and food-knowledgeable. This cookbook is straight gourmet, and I'm thankful for it, I just wish I didn't have to plan on Monday for a meal that I might not have until next weekend.

Actually, it's a whole lot of fun to plan for an ultra-fancy meal. I just hope I don't blow it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home