Wednesday, March 15, 2006

moistening the idea drought

The thing about having a blog that only has to do with veganism is that it can sometimes be challenging to come up with a relevant and interesting topic worth writing about. For that reason, allow me to reiterate that I always welcome comments and ideas.

_________________________________

I'll be in St. Louis in the end of April for a conference on white privilege, and I'll be hungry. I don't know St. Louis at all, but maybe you do, and maybe you want to let me know about some vegan restaurants. Hell, maybe you want to put me up.

_________________________________

Vegan cream sauce. My roommate works at a fancy catering company and swears that he could whip up some fancy meals here at home if he could just figure out how to make a quality vegan cream sauce. Ideas?

8 Comments:

Blogger veganerd said...

i whip up a vegan cream sauce on a near daily basis but im sure no one wants to hear about that. but anyways...... what flavor is your frined looking for?

10:26 PM  
Blogger the surly vegan said...

neutral, i believe. something versatile that can be adapted according to the recipe.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

You should change this to thesurlyBIKINGvegan... :)

I'll check Vegan With a Vengeance for a white sauce tonight.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you little qeer...I thought you could identify me...punk!
Go eat a muffin, looser!

3:16 PM  
Blogger the surly vegan said...

veganerd is a dirty bird. funny i didn't catch it the first time around.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think so girly-boy...excuse me while I finish chewing the flesh off thie defenseless cow. "vegan"...you are probably some fourteen year old ritard!

9:28 AM  
Blogger the surly vegan said...

if i had to guess, i'm betting that the anonymous poster is writing from a laptop in a tree just outside my apartment, while using remote viewing techniques to revisit scenes from his childhood.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Oh, Vegan with a Vengeance was no help. My wife says it's just butter, flour, and milk, though, so she suspects oil, flour, and soy/rice milk ought to do it.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home